Friday, December 13, 2013

Worth the Wait?

I've asked for you
for a long time.
I thought
I wanted you
nothing but you.
Building sand castles with me
Dancing to random songs with me
Watching for shooting stars with me
Standing next to me
Holding me
Just...
being with me.
I've waited for you,
or at least somebody like you,
for a long time.
I thought
You would be the man
the only man
who annoys me by remembering
the little things
who surprises me with unlikely gifts
that I rarely see today
who pushes me to shout
on the mountain tops
who holds my hand
without giving any warnings
who smiles at me
while I'm not looking
Who simply....
cares about me
Not just love but, cares...
And here you are...
The man,
I thought,
I was looking for...
But...
You find building sand castles boring
You don't like to dance to random music
You would rather watch Hollywood stars
You are rarely seen with me
You keep bringing the same gift
You tell me to keep my voice down
You hold your own hands
You just nod at my existence
I thought...
I wanted you
I thought...
I wished for you
I thought...
I finally found you
Are you...
worth my time?
Are you...
worth looking for?
Are you...
worth fighting for?
Are you...
still the man I've been waiting for?
Are you still...
worth it?




No comments:

Post a Comment