Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Real Asian Girl (An overdue response to Day Above Ground’s “Asian Girlz”)

You dedicate this song to my slanted eyes
hoping that I’ll be yours,
Your Asian girl.

You picture yourself
planting your face
on my yellow thighs
like they are sticky rice.
You imagine my mouth
all over your egg roll
then shoving it
to my dim sum
until I cum.
Your Asian girl.
You sing your piece
like it is karaoke,
trying to pursue me
in terrible Japanese,
but keep your feng shui shit.
It’s the Year of the Dragon,
but you don’t want to
mess with this dragon.
I’m not G-Dragon
I can’t rap or rock
blonde dreadlocks
But I can try rapping 
about the misconception of
dreadlocks like you sing about
the misconception
of my culture.
If you ask me if I’m 17 or 23,
I’ll just say, “Baby, I’m 50.”
just to screw with your mind.  
And every day in February is
a New Year because it’s the countdown
to the day I was born
LEGALLY. 
Have you been to
K-Town?
China Town?
Japan Town?
Bet you don’t have enough
won to travel to
the real continents
since you’re too busy
butt fuckin’
a ninja pussy.  

Now, you want me
to sit on your lap and
marry you or
you’ll put me in a box
and send me back
like I’m a replaceable China doll.
If that’s the case,
Where’s my suitcase?
Send me back
To my ancestor’s,
My mother’s
Homeland,
So, I don’t have
To be fucked by you
Don’t ask me where I come from.
I don’t know what it’s like to live in Japan,
China, or Korea.
Not even if I read it off a travel book.
I can’t pronounce oka-san without it saying
in my most white-washed tongue.
I don’t know
My mother’s language by heart,
But if you dedicate your next song
with only boba tea,  
Bruce Lee,
And broken Chinese,
I’ll smile and say in English,
“Sorry, I don’t understand nonsense.”

No comments:

Post a Comment