Sunday, September 4, 2016

This Moment (Another Korean Song Plays)


I didn't know you were hurting.
For a couple of years,
you should've said something.
Let me help (No)
What do you need (Nothing)
Why are you shaking (Go back to bed)
You can't deny this forever.
I get it,
you don't like the sound of crying for help
out of your mouth.
You just wait and imagine yourself praying that
you'll be back on your feet,
cooking, cleaning, and playing crossword puzzles again
as if I didn't see you laying on your back against the bathroom tiles,
half-naked, barely forming a word.
(It's okay) No it's not.
(It hurts) Let me help you
(Don't) What do you want me to do
(Go back to sleep)
Why.
I can't bear the idea when
I'll wake up to get a phone call from you--
you're in the hospital bed.
What do you want me to say? I told you so?
Don't you think you matter to me?
Let me help you.
(No)

No comments:

Post a Comment